Fluorine rubber prices continue to rise
Sealone/BOSS Sealing Solution is a professional FKM o-rings,FKM seals manufacturer,good quality with competitive price.
custom rubber products welcomed.
Any request,please send to: [email protected]
Fluorine rubber ¦ 300% price increase reason analysis
From the end of 2020 to the current price of fluorine rubber raw rubber has increased by nearly three times. It was originally due to the control of the epidemic in China, the resumption of work and production abroad, and the large production capacity sold abroad, but the continued price increase has to return to the main raw material R142b of fluorine rubber. Speaking of, since the beginning of 2021, the price of 20,000/ton has risen by more than 120,000/ton, and the price is still rising. Its main downstream product is VDF. And VDF (vinylidene fluoride) is mainly used to produce PVDF, fluororubber, fluororesin, etc.
● The Montreal Convention requires that production capacity is controlled and the country implements quota production;
● Increase in demand, beautiful prices, risk of using up quotas ahead of schedule, warning of out of stock at the end of the year;
●The price has risen from 20,000/ton at the beginning of the year to more than 120,000/ton, and the price continues to rise;
● Mainly used to produce PVDF, fluorine rubber, fluorine resin, etc.;
● The main raw material for the production of F26 type fluorine rubber, which accounts for about 80% of the fluorine rubber
● The price of PVDF has increased from 70,000/ton at the beginning of the year to more than 400,000/ton at present:
● PVDF is widely used in lithium battery separator coatings, positive electrode adhesives, and only power batteries. The installed capacity increased by 1.78 times in the first half of 2021 year-on-year. The demand for the lithium battery industry is expected to reach 15,000 tons in 2021 and 23,000 tons in 2022. ; The current market supply is only 11,000 tons;
● It will take a two-year cycle for large-scale PVDF factories to build and put into production, and the gap between supply and demand will be further widened in the future;
● Binary fluorine rubber (F26 type) is polymerized by VDF (vinylidene fluoride) and HFP (hexafluoropropylene):
● The price of binary fluorine rubber raw rubber has risen from 50 yuan/kg to 150 yuan/kg;
● Foreign brands cannot supply binary raw rubber normally, and the market gap continues to widen;
● The market inventory is exhausted, and the pressure of shortage is increasing;